If employees within your school are undertaking potentially hazardous manual handling activities, then it is a legal requirement under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations to ensure that effective training is provided.
More than 25% of the accidents reported each year to the HSE are associated with Manual Handling, many of these occur within schools due to caretaker and site services officer’s activity. First Health and Safety’s manual handling awareness training online courses will provide your staff with the knowledge to reduce the risks from manual handling activities and understand the basic technique for completing a safe lift.
The course is designed for those members of staff who are required to undertake manual handling of inanimate objects, it is not designed for the moving and handling of pupils.
By the end of the course you will have learned about:
- Identify the costs associated with manual handling injury
- Understand the legal requirements and guidelines associated with manual handling
- Carry out a basic TILE risk assessment before lifting a load
- Understand the principles of a safe lifting technique
- Outline measures that can be implemented to reduce the risk of injury
School and College Manual handling course content
- Introduction to manual handling
- Manual handling Injuries
- Lifting Technique
- TILE Assessment Process
- Further Information
- Multiple Choice Questions
Manual Handling in Education
This E - Learning course has been designed to enable Teachers and anyone else interested in the Investigation process wihtin schools to fully understand the process of investigation while staying at home.
For further information please contact us.