This is a legal requirement that all sales of alcohol taking place on licensed premises in England and Wales must be authorised by a personal licence holder.
Our nationally recognised Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) qualification is approved and fully accredited by The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation(Ofqual). This 1-day training course has been designed to meet the statutory requirements and includes vital information on the responsibilities of licence holders, duties of the designated premises supervisor(DPS), the role & powers of licensing authorities and police regarding licensed premises.
- Understand the nature, purpose and period of validity of a training
- Understand the application process and legal duties when applying for a course
- Understand the legal duties of a licence holder
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
- Understand the licensing objectives and the importance of partnerships in promoting these objectives
- Understand the nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body
- Understand the law in relation to premises licences and Temporary Event Notices
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
- Understand the rights and duties of the responsible persons of licensed premises and law regarding the protection of children
- Understand prohibitions and exemptions and the powers of the police and other authorities regarding licensed premises