Equality and diversity promotes opportunity for all, giving every one the chance to achieve their potential, free from prejudice and discrimination. Although sometimes used interchangeably, the terms ‘equality’ and ‘diversity’ are not the same.
Equality is about fairness and the respect of individual needs. Diversity is about recognising, valuing and taking into account people's different backgrounds, knowledge, skills, needs and experiences.
If you employ staff or work with, or along-side other people you need to consider our Equality and Diversity Course
This e–learning module provides essential information as outlined UK legislation. The module clarifies the employers and employees roles and responsibilities both legally and morally to demonstrate statutory compliance.
The training explains what equality and diversity is and isn’t! Looks at why equality and diversity matters in the work place, in addition to identifying how to spot and re-act to unfair discrimination. The module also explains how to devise a positive equality and diversity policy with the inclusion of areas such as reasonable adjustments and steps.
The consequences of not providing suitable training can be disastrous in terms of human suffering, legal costs and business interruption.
This is why more and more businesses are using e-learning to easily communicate the essential knowledge required when it comes to equality and diversity. We are the trusted e-learning provider to a wide range of companies and organisations from SMEs through to national brands and UK government agencies who all love the ease-of-use of our online training courses.
E-learning is fast to deploy and all learners can be tracked through our intuitive learning management system.
By the end of the course you will have learned about:
- The legal background to equality and diversity (The Equality Act 2010)
- How to define equality and diversity
- The "protected characteristics" described in the Equality Act
- The nature and types of discrimination as described in The Equality Act
- Exemptions from The Equality Act
- What equality and diversity is – and isn’t
- The legal case for equality and diversity
- How to spot discrimination in the workplace
- How to react to discrimination at work
- How to handle bullying and harassment at work
- How to devise a positive equality and diversity policy
- What ‘positive discrimination’, ‘reasonable adjustments’ and ‘reasonable steps’ are
- Additional information on disability at work
- Why equality and diversity matters
- The positive case for equality and diversity.
Equalty and Diversity e - learning
This E - Learning course has been designed to enable Teachers and anyone else interested in the Investigation process wihtin schools to fully understand the process of investigation while staying at home.
For further information please contact us.