Disabled people are more than twice ad likely to be unemployed as non – disabled people. Ensure your workplace isn’t discriminating against people with disabilities.
All workplaces should have an equal opportunities policy meaning people with disabilities are given the same chances as anyone else. It is vital you know about how to be inclusive when it comes to disabilities within your workplace in order for you to be compliant with equality and diversity legislation.
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Be able to put into practice care values
- Gain an understanding of equality and diversity
- Gain insight in upholding equality and diversity
- Gain an understanding of the single assessment process in person centred care
- Know the legislations governing disability